15 September 2007

Time for some tune-up...

Pay's in.
So today, I decided to do some basic stuffs up for the Ghost.
Tyres were wearing out badly. Turns out I got the wrong replacements for the BT014.
I was reading about the Continental tyres and saw very positive reviews, especially for its durability and grip while maintaining a very reasonable price.
So I got them Conti SportAttacks Feb this year.
Less than 7 months later, I'm seeing the steel belt on the centre of my rear tyres.
What the hell?
Turns out, I got the wrong model. I should have gotten RoadAttacks, which comes in a dual-compound mode. Damnz. Wasted $300.
So, with the festive season (Ramadhan) around the corner, I decided to go tight a bit and get a lightly-used set of tyres any of the forumers are selling.
Enter the Michelin 2CT.
A kind soul was willing to part with his <2000km used 2CTs for $100. He uses the bike strictly for track and had only put on the 2CTs. But now he wants to try out the Power Race.
Checked out the tyres and found them in very good condition.
Done deal.
I also went shopping for spark plugs. NGK Platinum G-Power, recommended by some of my GSR buddies. They're only $1 more than the stock CR9E. Ok, done deal.
Stock Suzuki air filter. Damn these GST increase. I got them previously for $35. Now its $39. Oh well, I still can't afford a BMC yet. Maybe 2 months time.

Let's see how the installation goes tomorrow...

No comments: