17 September 2007

Phew! Mr Morgan to the rescue...

Saved by the tool.
CarbTune Pro, that is.
This morning, I raised an SOS call-to-arms in the forum.
Luckily, an old touring friend responded and off I was in the early evening to his place.

He had bought a Morgan CarbTune Pro tool some time back and it was a lifesaver.
Since its a mechanical and uses stainless steel rods to indicate vacuum, no way in hell its gonna fail on me this time.

So now, its all up and tuned. The Ghost is running super-smooth with no bumpiness in the acceleration.
But I'm like dumping a ton of carbon & black smoke from the exhaust due to the earlier disaster.
So, I'm planning a high-speed "shakedown" run to my regular stretch to clear it out.
Plus, I just remembered I had some FP-60 fuel cleaner left in my storage closet. Well, time to finish it...

No comments: