22 June 2006

Weekend's coming...

Ahh....
I can smell the weekend already.
The missus will be working the whole day on Saturday. Half day at her regular job and the other half at Pizza Hut.
So, perfect day for me & the Ghost to hang out and recce the mod list.
Current mod list to date:
1. Dual-Star mirrors
2. Handlebar (Pro-Taper recommended to me)
3. Gauges
4. Helmet skinz for my MX helmet donated to me (all thanks to Boy Naz)

On the side note, I realized I need goggles for my MX helmet. Saw the Oakley Crowbar at Marina and I LOVED IT. Unfortunately, I hated the selling price (SGD$80+).
So sourcing for alternatives.

Someone I know in China is doing a group buy for the new Oakley/Fox goggles:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
for.... SGD$49. And these are aithentic stuffs.

A cheaper alternative would be something I just discovered. Paulson's Bubble Goggles:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They're pretty popular with skydivers and equestrian riders, it seems. They were used in Days of Thunder
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My only issue with this particular goggle is the strap. Thin, it doesn't look like its meant to wrapped around the helmet, as most MX goggles are. Instead, its meant to be worn around the head itself.
But somehow, I love these bubble goggles. I'm not going off-road or MX. So they dun need high-impact resistance. Rather, just keep out the sand, tiny pebbles, dust and other minor inconveniences on the road.

Hmmmm....

No comments: