26 June 2006

Handlebar solved!

I went downtown to a few accessory shops over the weekend to survey prices for my mods list.
One of them being handlebars. I was eyeing those MX ones or streetfighter ones. But the criteria being they must have the crossbar.
So I went to a few scram shops and found the prices for aftermarket handlebars a bit tad surprising. Or rather out of my projected budget.
So I rode down to Motorworld, one of those shops with every accessory under the sun. Went into the basement section and saw a few nice streetfighter bars on sale. There, the next inspiration came to me.
The sales guy, an avid fan of the GSR bike himself, mentioned that crossbars are sold seperately. He showed me a few JDM cross bars. The whole set costs around SGDD$75, a very cheap alternative. Its simply coz the stock handlebars are pretty good themselves.
So, I decided to head down to good ol' Ah Boy, that man in bike parts and accessories. What you can't get, he can find. And at cutthroat prices.
I asked around and got a simple crossbar. It was black and fits 7/8" bars perfectly. SGD$8. Damnz. I paid on the spot.
Now to fix it on....

No comments: