18 June 2006

On the road....

Took the Ghost out for a ride today.
A leisurely Sunday morning ride to neighbouring Johor Bahru for a quick refuel.
Every time I read it makes me glad I picked her instead of another sportsbike.
Not that I dislike sportsbike. Just that, after 2 years on my supersports TL1000R, I needed something else different, comfortable, economic and suited for me.

Anywayz, the ride was superb as always. Mirror vibey as usual. Smooth handling and quick-flick ability.
Currently, I'm getting stares on the road. I understand why. Simply, there's nothing like it on the road. Even after the Duc Monster series and Fazer-600 underseat models, nothing attracts everyone's attention like this. The sound of a litre-bike in the compact frame of a 400.
I've had 2 guys on their CB400s stopping beside me at the Customs gate asking about my bike. The usual questions of "what capacity?" & "how much?". I'm more than happy to oblige them with answers. Even told them there is a 400cc version but just that its release here is still doubtful. Well, maybe if enough people ask Guan Hoe, decisions might change and I might see more mini-Ghosts here.

No comments: