19 November 2007

A new lid for a new life....

Nothing much happening recently.
I joined up a new company and my supervisor (read: manager) happens to be an avid biker from SingaporeBikes Forum as well. Rather, he posted an ad for a vacancy for an IT Support guy in the company and I responded. One interview and I was in for the job.
Working hours are great, I get to do fun stuffs with spare PCs and servers we have in the office, my boss pretty much lets me do things my way lest I have an issue I need his help and the pay is pretty good, good enough to indulge in more addictive habits like more accessories and mods.
Like a new helmet.
I was looking for something to replace my faithful but crumbling Zeus flip-up which had been with me since 2003. I was in the market for a nice full-face that's nice on the wallet yet great to wear and offers reasonable protection (no more of those crap from China or Taiwan).
I had fancied an older OGK Aeroblade or even an FF3 if there's still to be had.
But a few friends were fashioning around Rjays GP-1 lids. They look cool, they were cheap and they seem sturdy enough with qualities to qualify for a middle-range lid.
So, with cash in my pocket and my wife tagging along, off I went to my favorite accessories store located in Kelantan. Nope, not the older brother. The younger one.
I came in and was ready to put cash down on the counter for a good GP-1 lid when he pulled me aside and said a new model of Rjays just shipped in. It packs more features, has better build quality and is both PSB-approved (like I care) and Snell-certified (this I care).
And he's gonna match the price of a GP-1 just for me.
Neat.
So I took a look. Damn, the thing's heavy. But its got anti-scratch visors, fully-removeable cheekpads and skull linings stitched with anti-bacterial linings and just looks plain cool.
What the heck, I'm all for it. I chose one and paid cash.
Here's the design I chose:



The Rjays Striker with the red skull design.
First helmet I bought with such a radical design. So much so, my wife was shocked and was like, "Are you sure?"

I was, for that moment....

No comments: