20 August 2007

Brake that Braking pads...

Brakes became a major agenda for this bike late last year.
Already nearly 6 months in the local market, close to a year on the European markets, more than 4 aftermarket manufacturers already producing it & no one thought of bringing aftermarket rear brakepads except those stock ones from Suzuki.

Let me explain:
The rear brake system for the Ghost is exactly the same of the newer GXSR 600/750 K7. Meaning its a whole new design and a whole new brake pad model.
Now, oddly enough, the rear brake pads seem to have diminished itself much, much faster than the front. It was like eaten eaten 2/3 of the material while the front is barely 1-2mm worn. And all this while I tend to favor the front brakes.
Funny thing is, even a few GSXR K7 riders I spoke with had the same issue.

Well, imagine the rush to find suitable replacement pads. I was adamant in refusing to use Suzuki pads. At over $60, I'd be better off with a pair of EBC pads at a much lower price.
But, as fate would have it, none of the shops even thought of getting stocks ready.
Until we met Braking.
I was lurking around the local forum and came across an ad from an local agent for Braking parts. Braking, as you may know, does, well, braking parts from Italy. Their reputation puts them above EBC, to my understanding.
So I made a phonecall to them for our replacement pads. Lo & behold, they had stocks. Last 4 pairs, that is. $40 bucks. It turns out the guy had purchased 4 sets (front & rears) for the K7s. But no one wanted the rears.
Guess we helped him clean house.

So now, my rear brakes are officially supported by Braking.

Until the next change...

No comments: